August 11, 2014, 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Champaign Public Library, Robeson Pavilion Room B (by the coffee shop area in the lobby)
- Demo showing how to deploy a Django (a popular Python web framework) web application on Heroku (a cloud-based server solution for building and deploying web applications with a minimum of server management). This follows up on Chris’s lightning talk from last month, in which he explained the basics of the Heroku philosophy.
- Continuing with the same theme, we’ll compare Heroku to PythonAnywhere, a kind-of-similar-but-not-really web hosting service.
- Meetup sponsors
- Birds of a feather (informal ad-hoc discussion groups)
- Group TIL-ing (Today I Learned)
- We’ll wrap up by planning the next meeting, so stick around if you want to participate in Py-CU as an organizer.
The next meeting will be September 15, 6:30 - 8:30 PM, Robeson Pavilion Room C, Champaign Public Library