Two big changes:
- We’re now meeting once a month rather than once every two weeks, since meeting frequency and the amount of content we can offer per meeting are inversely correlated.
- Our venue is once again at the Champaign Public Library. We’re not guaranteeing that we’ll stay there forever, though – we might even meet in different places each month, just for the hell of it.
Champaign Public Library, Robeson Pavilion Room B (by the coffee shop area in the lobby)
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM, Monday, May 12, 2014
The theme for this meeting is variety, since we’ll have three quick talks on a range of topics. Read on for more details.
- Liz Surbeck will do a book review on the soon-to-be-released book “Flask Web Development” by Miguel Grinberg from O’Reilly (http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920031116.do).
- Roger Serwy will talk about CPython bytecode.
- Tim Kuelhorn will demonstrate the basics of getting started on a project using Python.
- Birds of a feather (informal ad-hoc discussion groups)
- Group TIL-ing
- Announcements and such about upcoming events
- We’ll wrap up by planning the next meeting, so stick around if you want to
participate in Py-CU as an organizer.